An all-inclusive manual for verifying the count of mobile SIMs issued under your CNIC.
If you’re curious to know the quantity of SIM cards allocated with your CNIC. Or, if you want to verify the SIM count. Then you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we will explore the methods to check the quantity of SIMs registered under your CNIC.
It’s essential to note that there is a limit to the quantity of SIMs you can obtain against your CNIC. As per PTA regulations, you can simultaneously have a maximum of 5 SIM cards registered under your name. If you already have 5 SIM cards registered and wish to obtain more. You must first deactivate a non-utilized SIM to maintain the limit of 5 SIMs.
How to check SIMs on CNIC in Pakistan?
Here are two simple methods to check the active SIM cards registered against your CNIC:
Method 1: Through the Website
- Visit the PTA SIM Information Website.
- On the webpage, enter your CNIC number in the designated field.
- Complete the robot verification process by checking the box and clicking on ‘Submit.’
- A tabular list of registered SIMs under your CNIC will be displayed, categorized by the respective operators.
Method 2: Via SMS
- Open the messaging application on your mobile phone.
- Type your CNIC number without any hyphens.
- Send this message to 668**.
- Shortly, you will receive a text message indicating the total number of active SIM cards issued by each operator under your CNIC.
**Kindly be aware that every SMS sent to 668 will result in a cost of PKR 2 plus applicable taxes.
How to block SIMs on CNIC in Pakistan?
Suppose you discover that the quantity of SIMs registered against your CNIC exceeds the SIMs you currently use. In that case, it is advisable to contact the Customer Service Centre of the relevant telecom company operator.
To block a mobile SIM card registered under your CNIC that you no longer use, follow these steps:
- Visit the nearest franchise or customer support office of the concerned cellular company.
- Present your original CNIC and complete the related form to block the specified number immediately.
How to check the verification status of your SIM/CNIC?
To check the verification status of your SIM/CNIC, different telecom operators provide the following methods:
- Jazz: Send your CNIC number from a SIM registered under the same CNIC to short-code 6001.
- Telenor: Send a blank SMS to 7751 to check the BVS verification status.
- Zong: Send “V” to short-code 7911 to check verified numbers.
- Ufone: Dial *336# USSD code and select option 1 to receive the verification status of your number.
- Warid: Send a message (CNIC) to short-code 789 from your mobile number to receive the status of numbers registered under your CNIC along with SIM verification stats.
By following these steps, you can easily check the quantity of SIMs registered against your CNIC, block unused SIM cards, and verify the status of your SIM/CNIC. Stay informed and ensure the proper management of your mobile connections.